UNILAG Denies Awarding A Doctorate Degree To E-Money, Drops Press Release
The University of Lagos have released an official press statement denying that Fivestar Music CEO and singer, Kcee’s younger brother, Emeka Okonkwo, popularly known as E-money was awarded an honourary doctorate degree.
You would recall we brought you news over the weekend regarding E-Money’s claims that he was awarded a doctorate degree in Business Management and Corporate Governance at the University, with the images of his celebration spreading all over social media and attracting adulation from well-wishers.
However the news gradually spreading like wild fire is the fact that UNILAG have released an official statement denying the claims of the young billionaire and businessman. In the press release, the University of Lagos management revealed that the official colours of the Lagos based university is maroon & gold and whoever wears an attire that does not project those colours in a convocation ceremony is not a graduate of the school which was exactly what happened with E-Money. The billionaire can be seen pictured in a blue and gold attire which negates the official release of the University.
The university also released names of the people that were awarded an honourary doctorate degree and E-Money’s name is missing.
Peep the press release below:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
The University of Lagos, #UnilagNigeria, on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at its 50th (2018) Convocation Ceremonies (Day 3), conferred Distinguished & Emeritus Professorship and Honorary Doctorate Degrees on the following eminent personalities:
1. Prof. James Dele Olowokudejo, a Professor of Plant Taxonomy, – Distinguished Professorship award.
2. Prof. Sulaiman A. Adekola of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering – Emeritus Professorship award
3. Alhaji Lateef Olufemi Okunnu, a foremost Lawyer & a former Federal Commissioner for Works & Housing- Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
4. Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya, founder of Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries and a Molecular Geneticist – Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
5. Mr. Jim Ovia, founder and Chairman of ZenithBank – Honourary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University of Lagos.
Please note that the University’s official colours are maroon and gold and the personalities who were conferred with these honorary awards by the Chancellor of the University (see pictures) are in the appropriate attire.
It is worthy to note that the afore-mentioned personalities are the only people who were conferred with these awards by the University of Lagos at the 50th Convocation Ceremonies, thus, any story stating otherwise is false and should be amended accordingly.
Mrs. C. Taiwo Oloyede
Principal Assistant Registrar,
for Management, University of Lagos
The post UNILAG Denies Awarding A Doctorate Degree To E-Money, Drops Press Release appeared first on tooXclusive.